- Attend meetings. Meetings are a place for networking, listening to guest speakers, and participating in activities such as deal analysis.
- Participate in the Marketplace; this is our name for classified ad forum. The Marketplace is a time during the meeting, and a space in the newsletter, where members can share services they provide, investment opportunities, other opportunities, or needed services they are seeking.
- Network with other members. Your email will be available to other members to connect individually (group emails are not allowed except as approved by club organizers). You are encouraged to get to know people at our meetings, and even connect outside of meetings for education and encouragement.
- Read newsletters, announcements and other online communication. Our club tries to keep you informed of local (and even sometimes national) events. Our goal is not to clog your inbox, you will typically only receive few emails a month (newsletter, meeting announcement, and the occasional additional information).
Levels of Membership
- Couch Surfer (Guest Membership): To learn about our club, feel free to crash on the couch for free for a couple months. We encourage new members to attend two meetings for free. These two meetings do not have to be consecutive. Guests will have access to some online, member-only content for the month following their first meeting. Cost: $0
- Extended Stay (Limited Membership): This membership is designed for members who do not see the value of Owner/Full membership, but want to stay connected and occasionally attend meetings. Extended Stay / Limited members will receive announcements of club activities, but may not have access to newsletters, meeting recordings, or other member-only content. As an Extended Stay member, you must pay for meetings as you attend ($20 per meeting see Month to Month Renter). Cost $0
- Owner (Full Membership): Full Membership is paid for one year at a time. This can be paid by cash or check at a meeting (make checks payable to Bozeman Investor Club), mailing a check to Pat McGowen (contact Pat for address), or see online enrollment option below. These online options may change as we continue to streamline the process. $90/year
- Duplex (Couple Membership): A couple may purchase a second Owner (Full) membership for half price (Two memberships for $135/year total)
- Renter (Month to Month): If you have already utilized your two free months as a couch surfer, but only want to participated in the club very occasionally, you can pay for a month at a time. This grants you access to all full member benefits except Eagle-web and Rent-o-meter tools for one month. The monthly fee is intentionally higher to compensate for the extra effort of tracking short term membership. Regular annual full membership is much preferred. Cost $20/month.
- Sponsor: Consider contributing more to the club. Be promoted as a sponsor for a field trip, a meeting, or other club activity. Contact club for cost information firstname.lastname@example.org) or see Sponsor Page.
Enroll in Membership
You can enroll in membership at the next meeting or, enroll now for full membership by following three steps:
To be added to mailing list only (Limited Membership)
Complete the Extended Stay / Limited Member Sign Up Form to be added to our email list and be kept informed of club activities. If you participate in meetings, you will be asked at that time to sign the membership agreement.